Friday, December 13, 2013

What I'm Loving... Full Skirts!

there are many things in this life that i love...
- little dogs
- little food
- little spoons
- my husband
(not in that order nat)

but something that i am loving more and more is skirts.
now that sounds weird, but i have always had a hard time finding skirts that i love and that flatter me...
let me 'splane,
i'm a pear shaped woman.
there i said it!
i have hips and a booty... not an hourglass in sight for this girl.
but something that i do enjoy, is my waist... and anything that flatters it.
i have learned in my 'old' age (i did just have a really difficult birthday - acceptance was the issue at hand... feeling old, no biggie - ugh) is that pencil skirts make me look great!
but you know what makes me look even better? a full skirt.
i LOVE them. something flouncy, full, and pulls me in at the waist...
win-win-winner.
so i need to get my long-fingered hands on some of these lovely (or comparable) beauties to help expand my wardrobe... 
like that really needs to happen. HA.

***

umm hi the most perfect pink ever... would you like to get on my pale body and make me look even MORE pale? yes? OKAY!!!!
actually, is it more a lavender? doesn't matter... perfection
#Christmas Style | Tibi Skirt, HauteLook top | Barefoot Blonde

i can't see the whole skirt, but something inside me just says "this is the right outfit for you"
Plaid + white

now i have a love of color... relatively new found... but dang all this black would make me feel super awesome... so i'll take the skirt, and the whole outfit. thanks.
All black. My favorite look. | #shopstyle #holidays #luckymag

i also have a new-found love of florals in cold temps. they just make life better.
florals

this one is not full... but it is sequined. so this little baby deserves an honorable mention right?
Sequin skirt.

i'm pretty sure that this skirt/sweater combo is my fave-flave... i want to wear this all day, everyday.
oh, p.s.: my husband dropped the name Louboutin a week or so ago... i am teaching that man some important things in life. 
oh, and he has also agreed that i am deserving of a bedroom into a closet conversion in our future home before we have kids... bless that man and all that he loves me for!
Repin Via: Nina Garcia

can i tell you something? BEE @ Atlantic-Pacific, she gets it every. darn. time! i could spend hours on her site! and she makes me want to be more daring in the way i dress... that is a great fashion blogger right there.
p.s. do we not DIE for this outfit... perfection
Full red skirt

happy friday! hope you all have a great weekend!

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

No comments: