Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day Before Thanksgiving

The day before Thanksgiving is hard to plan a meal for dinner...
You want to eat something that will not leave you hungry that night, but something that doesn't make you wake up dreading all the food you will be devouring the next day...

This year, while Jeff and I were planning out our menu - he said he really wanted soup... Welllllllllllll... I had to crush his dreams a little bit and tell him that I was not comfortable taking on a soup ON TOP of everything else that I'm making...

So I recommended that we have it the night before!
We are making THIS soup... It looks so so good!

Picture of Potato-Leek Soup With Bacon Recipe

This will be perfect for the day before! Yummy!

***

Something else that I do the day before Thanksgiving is prep everything that I can...

- Cheese? I don't like pre-grated for an event like this, so I grate it the night before

- Potatoes? I'll get them all scrubbed and in a zip-lock bag

- Veggies? I chop them and put them in labeled tupper-ware containers so I know which onion goes to which recipe, etc.

- The day before I will set up the Turkey to brine for 16 hours... Flipping half way through the brine process...

I also like to make sure that I have enough of everything to make the next day successful... Things like...
- Eggs (this has happened to me... no bueno)
- Butter
- Spices
- Drinks
 - Tin foil
- Plastic wrap
- Dishwashing liquid
- Paper-towel

All the small things that you forget to think about are imperative to have a successful Thanksgiving!!
Hope everyone has a calm and successful prep!

XXOO Lucy

No comments: